Common makefile (gasp) stuff

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 13 15:20:12 PST 2015

Hey folks,

Over the time a number of stuff has become quite duplicated across our
makefiles for dmd, druntime, and phobos.

These include fetching OS and model but (newer) general-purpose macros
for e.g. rebasing repos, see
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/blob/master/posix.mak#L37.

I think it's time to reduce clutter and duplication by migrating such
common stuff into one common.mak file. Question is, where should that
file sit? One candidate is tools/ but it's not really a tool. Another
candidate is dmd/src/ because that would be the first thing anyone
depends on.

Ideas?

Andrei