10 Tips for Better Pull Requests

Tobias Pankrath via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 16 10:05:02 PST 2015

> I agree that a hamfisted policy would do more harm than good.
> That's why it's so hard to define!
>
> I'm thinking of something like: if there's $(legitimate)
> request for changes but the author is dormant for more than
> $(X) days, then close.
>
> Andrei
>

> Macros:
>
> legitimate=?
> X=?

legitimate= consensual, if there is no consensus between phobos
devs it cannot be pulled anyway. I'd think those are all
changes/PR that are not tagged with »decision block«. I'd think
even something like »fix your indentation« is legitimate.
X= 20 days, ask author if he's dead. If he does not respond in 10
days, close and leave a comment to resubmit the pull request on
resurrection.