Use proper frameworks for building dlang.org

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 18 02:24:29 PST 2015

Lately Andrei has worked a lot with improving the dlang.org site in
various ways. To me it getting more clear and clear that Ddoc is not the
right tool for building a web site. Especially the latest "improvement"
[1] shows that it's not a good idea to reinvent the wheel, especially
when it's not an improvement, at all.

Why don't we instead make use of a proper framework both on the server
side and client side. Personally I would go with Ruby on Rails but I
know that most of you here would hate that so a better suggestion would
probably be vibe.d. For the client side I'm thinking Bootstrap and jQuery.

The biggest reason why I would prefer Rails is because I know everything
that is needed is already implemented and easily available. I can not
say the same thing about vibe.d. But it might be enough for dlang.org, I
don't know.

What do you think?

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/m9f558$lbb$1@digitalmars.com

--