Use proper frameworks for building dlang.org

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 19 00:33:16 PST 2015

On 2015-01-19 03:31, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> So now minification and gzipping are the culprit? I don't quite understand.

There are plenty existing web frameworks that already have solved, what
it seems like, all the problems you're trying to solve now. You're just
shooting them down because it's not Ddoc.

>> I'm not going to touch the code for the web site as long as it's written
>> in Ddoc. Simple as that.
>
> I understand. Now there are a couple of issues here worth mentioning.
>
> 1. Technical arguments are good, but this sounds a bit like an
> ideological position. I'd have difficulty resonating with that.

No, the reason is that it's not the right tool for the job. I'm speaking
purely technically.

> 2. We all know from math that negating the hypothesis doesn't
> necessarily lead to negating the conclusion :o). So if we switch to
> Rails there's no guarantee you will contribute after all; or it's
> possible you will, just not a lot, and then it's me holding the bag.
>
> 3. This rigidity doesn't quite bode well. Simply put, if you led a
> project, would you want to pave the way to work with a guy with a
> similar stance?

As I've already said several times, also form the beginning, that I
think vibe.d would be a better choice.

--
/Jacob Carlborg