Compile time iota

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 22 05:08:27 PST 2015

On Thursday, 22 January 2015 at 13:06:26 UTC, Nick Treleaven
wrote:
> On 21/01/2015 19:15, zeljkog wrote:
>> And good name staticIota, unlike TypeTuple. I always wonder
>> what is raw
>> tuple, TypeTuple or Tuple :)
>
> Yes, there's a DIP to rename std.typetuple to std.meta.list. I
> made a pull to do that (which goes further than the DIP), but I
> don't know if the deprecation/disruption will be acceptable. If
> not, perhaps we could just add a better named alias for
> TypeTuple (e.g. MetaTuple) but keep the same module name. I
> don't think the status quo is really acceptable.
>
> (In fact, I don't agree with removing deprecated symbols unless
> they are actually buggy - this is what GTK does. If we kept
> them there would be less friction and less cause not to
> deprecate things which are problematic).

Ah, great, now I am least sure that you and ntrel are the same
person :) Fate of your pull and DIP in general is in Andrei hands
- but, as he has mentioned in this thread, his mailbox queue is
not easy to deal with. So right now can't really do anything but
sit and wait.