[website redesign] PR for the one with the big red menu bar

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 27 12:22:32 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 09:21:20PM +0100, Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 1/27/15, anonymous via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> > PR: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/869
> > - For details see here.
> > Live version: http://ag0aep6g-dlang.rhcloud.com - If you've
> > visited this before, you may have to clear your cache to see the
> > proper logo color.
>
> I'm never going to like red. It's not easy on the eyes, the focus
> should be int the middle where the text is, and the red is
> distracting.

I like the design, but yeah, the red is a little too prominent. Maybe a
more saturated red might work better? Also, I still think the horizon
above Mars should be a darker color, to provide more visual contrast
before the big red column begins to stretch down the page.

Too many people have open minds but closed eyes.