accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 13:53:28 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 20:12:03 UTC, Zach the Mystic
wrote:
> It's utterly confusing is the problem. I would consider it a
> great disservice to all D programmers to allow this. Just
> because you can doesn't mean you should. Walter has emphasize
> there is absolutely no shortage of valid words. There is
> however, a shortage of what a programmer can keep organized in
> his head. That's the shortage you should prioritize, sir. I'm
> not sure how to emphasize this anymore. We may just have to
> agree to disagree.

I don't think this is confusing:

void foo() safe {
     bool safe = false;
}

Using "safe" as both a function attribute and an identifier
doesn't seem confusing to me, however, it appears the leadership
agrees with you so I submit.  Let's consider this resolved and
move on to better more interesting things:)  I appreciate you
taking the time to voice your opinion and helping me understand
the arguments against this idea.