accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 15:22:34 PST 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:54:27 +0000, Zach the Mystic wrote:

> I think a keyword is a keyword is a keyword. If it's a keyword to the
> right it should be one everywhere. How is somethign that's a built-in
> attribute one place and an identifier in another not context sensitive.

yep. that is "slave to the machine" approach. i don't really care how
hard machine should work to understand what i want. ;-)

i.e. i can't see why i have to deal with problems of compiler/tool/editor
author. it's easy -- at least in this case -- for human to see where
keywords are keywords. machine can see that too with some analysis. yet
somehow situation is horribly reversed: instead of machine helping me to
do what i want, that's me who must obey the machine orders and do the
work that machine can do for me.