Window creation, for phobos?

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 29 18:30:23 PST 2015

On Thursday, 29 January 2015 at 23:03:51 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> I can think of a way to do that by using Derelict-Util ;) for
> xlib for example.
> But it is an implementation detail. You won't build a D app for
> Android without being aware it is an Android app and need
> special treatment.
> The thing I like about Google Material Design, is its basically
> designed to work as one "window" which makes things easier
> cross platform.

The one window thing is something that I have been thinking about
a lot as well, it seems to really simplify ui design and the loss
is fairly small. I am not even sure it is a loss, fewer windows
can be seen as a plus to a lot of people. Also like you said, it
makes it much simpler for cross platform.

One thing that is often never mentioned is metro apps, which is
again a one window design. A lot of people seem to dislike them,
but I attribute it to growing pains. Using them with a touch
screen is an absolute delight and once you get used to them the
mouse it just as good.

Touch should not be thought of as a less important feature, and
pen input as well for that matter. Any attempt to make an input
framework later down the road should have strong support for
touch and at least good support for pen, as well as mouse and
keyboard.