version: multiple conditions

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 2 04:09:23 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 2 July 2015 at 10:28:16 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Jul 2015 02:08:58 -0400, bitwise wrote:
>
>> It is pretty good, but it's the little things, like these:
>
> the whole thing i'm talking about is "no C++ interop is
> necessary, eVaR!" ;-)

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, and you're definitely free
to avoid C++ libraries if that what you want, but there are
plenty of D users who want good C++ interop (and for some
projects, pretty much require it - especially the corporate
folks), so there's actually a fairly high demand for it. And part
of why the C++ interop that we have is as good as it is now is
because it was needed to port the compiler's frontend to D and
have it still work with the backends of the three main compilers.
So, it's there because it serves a very practical purpose.

So, use it or don't, but don't expect everyone to agree with you
that interoperability with C++ is useless.

- Jonathan M Davis