DUB 0.9.24 beta 2

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 2 22:06:34 PDT 2015

Am 03.07.2015 um 00:03 schrieb Mathias Lang via Digitalmars-d:
> Congrats on the work done !

> <mailto:digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>>:
>

>     The second beta is out now. "dub init" now creates an SDL package
>     description by default (use --format=json to get a dub.json instead).
>

> Honestly, I am really not fan of implementing a feature AND making it a
> default in the same release.

It was a close decision, but the implementation is pretty simple and
relatively well covered with tests, it shouldn't be an issue. So the
only remaining issues would be possible compatibility issues for people
not running the latest version (not *really* an issue) and the risk that
the format, against all previous consideration, is deemed unsuited in
the end (which would be really bad anyway).

What worries you the most?