Extend D's switch statement?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 9 05:38:11 PDT 2015

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 23:33:07 +0000, rsw0x wrote:

> On Wednesday, 8 July 2015 at 08:31:42 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>
>> Many would like it to support pattern matching though.
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/
DIP32#Various_places_that_you_can_use_unpacking_and_pattern_matching

> all of kenji's proposals are pretty much gold, has there ever been any
> work on reviewing/implementing this?

at least part of it was implemented by Kenji himsef, and then blocked due
to "this isn't a best solution, and if we'll adopt it, we will not able
to adopt an ideal solution when it will come". so far, the ideal solution
isn't here (and it's unlikely to arrive), and non-ideal is rejected.
double win!