Where will D sit in the web service space?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 13 00:54:02 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 July 2015 at 07:32:57 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
> On my little world, customers choose programming languages
> because they want to
> use tool X, framework Y or target operating system Z.

I currently get to pick my own languages, but ready-to-use
easy-integration with a specific target platform is the key
characteristic I am looking for, yes.

So IMO supporting all-platforms-somewhat is less attractive than
supporting only-one-platform-really-well.

> So which tool will make them choose D?

I think you need to aim for people writing their own tools first,
but then you need a special set of characteristics that cuts down
on development time for that area.

> Check the languages Microsoft considered important to offer
> support out of the box,
>
> https://code.visualstudio.com/Docs/languages

Thanks, I wasn't aware they supported Go and Rust of the of the
box. Quite interesting list.