Where will D sit in the web service space?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 18 11:49:02 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 16:55:23 UTC, Etienne Cimon wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 15:11:30 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>> However, I currently don't see much advantage in having the
>> same language on client and server, so I'll probably stick to
>> TypeScript/Dart, Angular2/Polymer in the near future because
>> of debugging and tooling.
>
> I think these are very good choices. I prefer to really invest
> in learning and developing on D simply because the resulting
> code is more easily redistributable, because you get more bang
> for the buck when optimizing it, because the developers are
> generally better coming from the C++ world and being hobbyists,
> etc. And also, D is more promising. A lot of things can happen
> to deprecate Dart, or TypeScript development completely.
> Nobody/nothing's ever going to deprecate D, if anything you'll
> only see the smarter devs being less afraid to pick it up and
> bring it further.

Btw, just found about this:

https://github.com/dart-lang/dev_compiler/blob/master/STRONG_MODE.md

Basically a typed subset of Dart that transpiles to clean
Javascript (EcmaScript6). Not finished and production ready, but
might be interesting to see if there is any help in there for
transpiling other languages to Javascript.