dmd 2.068, 2.069, 2.0xx Evil Plan going forward

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 20 14:49:02 PDT 2015

On Monday, 20 July 2015 at 21:02:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I, too, think we devote too much attention to the picayune.
> There's a lot of interesting stuff in Walter's post, yet most
> discussion focused on a side remark. -- Andrei

And I see this as typical "two steps forward, one step back" case
which tends to be the trend in later D development. Meaningless
versioning scheme makes hard to both implement breaking changes
in industry-friendly manner (every single release becomes
breaking) and reason about support cycle of specific feature set
(major headache with gdc inclusion into gcc which means version
freeze).