Wait, what? What is AliasSeq?

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 21 15:29:46 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at 08:00:40 UTC, Daniel N wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 at 06:49:10 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> Come on, all people that got into this know how newcomer react
>> to the Tuple name noticed the same reaction.
>
> No, that highly depends on the background of the newcomer,
> everyone I introduced D to , only found it confusing that it
> was named Type*.
>
> Type* = A construct that powerful it can contain Type:s as well?
>
> Whereas the intuitive meaning would be:
>
> Type* = A construct that is limited to Type:s only.

Yes, that is very true. The "Type" part of the old name was
confusing.

> Before this thread I didn't realize newcomers found the Tuple
> part confusing, I know that's the case now, but after viewing
> the poll, it seems to be a minority. But then again, how many
> newcomers would find Seq confusing, we will never know.

Experience show that the tuple part of the old name was confusing
as well.

The poll was not answered by newcomers but by users of this
forum. Most of them are experienced D users and already know what
to expect from the construct.