Rant after trying Rust a bit

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 24 20:43:44 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 25 July 2015 at 03:11:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> I confess that I've always thought that QueryInterface was a
>> _horrible_ idea,
>
> Specifying every interface that a type must support at the top
> of the hierarchy is worse. Once again, Exception Specifications.

But that is what every one does.... you are really making me
"wut" right now? I never use casts and every thing works out
fine. And generally that is what is considered good oop practice.
Its not like there is a list at the top of the tree of all the
interfaces, there is just a type at the top of the tree that
implements them all, its not like Exception Specifications.