Rant after trying Rust a bit

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 25 07:28:36 PDT 2015

On 7/25/15 9:35 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> This is absolutely impractical. I will never even consider such attitude
> as a solution for production projects. If test coverage can't be
> verified automatically, it is garbage, period. No one will ever manually
> verify thousands lines of code after some trivial refactoring just to
> make sure compiler does its job.

Test coverage shouldn't totter up and down as application code is
written - it should be established by the unittests. And yes one does
need to examine coverage output while writing unittests.

I do agree more automation is better here (as is always). For example,
if a template is followed by one or more unittests, the compiler might
issue an error if the unittests don't cover the template.

Andrei