Rant after trying Rust a bit

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 26 15:44:19 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 26 July 2015 at 15:19:06 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Probably that's the root of all disagreement. So we have
> template writing time, template instantiation time, and just
> run time. I think template instantiation time is a lot "closer"
> to template writing time than run time. -- Andrei

It is closer, but it doesn't matter for the argument being made.

You have some code that expect its argument to conform to some
API. Be it dynamically typed code (which will blow up at runtime,
or worse, do random shit) or template code (which will blow up at
instanciation time, or worse, do random shit).

The problem being fundamentally the same, arguments going for or
against one go for the other.