Last call for AliasSeq

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 27 20:59:53 PDT 2015

On 07/28/2015 05:23 AM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
> On Monday, 27 July 2015 at 20:47:08 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> On 07/27/2015 10:12 AM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
>> <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
>>>
>>> On technical merits "Seq" is one of the worst choices, let's not confuse
>>> social dynamics with objectivity.
>>>

>> Your particular flavour of objectivity.
>
> No. It means I can argue my point and provide references.

There's a bootstrapping problem. It's not even clear what "objectivity"
means here. You have not explicitly listed the criteria you were using
and how you weighted them, neither have you made a convincing point for
them nor provided relevant references. Unless I missed it, that is.

Anyway, it should be pretty clear that all proposed names are bad for
some reasonable choice of "objectivity". If you want to avoid a bad
name, suggest a good one.