Rant after trying Rust a bit

Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 30 10:49:43 PDT 2015

On 30/07/2015 15:23, Alex Parrill wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 11:46:02 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>>
>> Tooling doesn't just matters. Tooling trumps everything else.
>

> I don't agree. IMO reducing the need for tools would be a better solution.
>
> For example, there's no need for a memory checker if you're writing in
> Python, but if you're writing in C, you better start learning how to use
> Valgrind, and that takes time.

That doesn't go against what I said. Not having the need for a tool can
be seen as identical to having the perfect tool (a tool you do not need).

Imagine I had said it this way: Tooling shortcomings trump all other
shortcomings (like language design shortcomings). Not having the need
for a particular tool, is like saying that tool has no shortcomings
whatsover.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros