Daily downloads in decline

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 1 12:08:21 PDT 2015

On Monday, 1 June 2015 at 18:58:04 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Can you expand on why ddmd is getting delayed?  I, and
> seemingly many others, were looking forward to ddmd.  I did not
> see Daniel's talk as it wasn't livestreamed.  Perhaps we can
> help get ddmd out the door.

The primary hang-up is that both gdc and ldc need to be at
version 2.067 so that they can be used to compile ddmd and so
that we can be sure that having 2.067 as the base for ddmd is
going to work with all three compilers (also, we want to release
a ddmd binary built by gdc or ldc, not dmd, so that we can avoid
a speed drop in the resulting binary). As I understand it LLVM
has a blocker in LLVM which currently prevents them from
updating. I don't know about gdc. But regardless, those are going
to need to be taken care of first.

- Jonathan M Davis