6-weeks release cycle

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 5 11:09:22 PDT 2015

On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 12:21:20 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 12:20:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 11:09:27 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>>> By the way dub master has been broken with dmd master for
>>> ages : https://jenkins.dicebot.lv
>>
>> It usually is, which usually means that I'm forced to install
>> a release version of the compiler just to build dub, since I'm
>> almost always using dmd master. I wish that it were kept
>> up-to-date with dmd master, but I guess that Sonke has enough
>> to do that he doesn't want to put in that effort.
>>
>> - Jonathan M Davis
>
> It is a wrong way to put it. dub is part of
> D-Programming-Language organization now. It must be tested by
> auto-tester and no pull request that breaks dub should have
> ever been merged.

I don't disagree, but that's the way that it's been historically,
and nothing seems to have changed once it got put into the
D-Programming-Language organization. Similarly, I don't think
that any of the stuff in the tools repo is built as part of the
autotester either (e.g. when the change to if(arr) was made
recently, dustmite was broken until the change was reverted). So,
our approach there is bad.

- Jonathan M Davis