[website] Fonts Roboto and Roboto Mono

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 5 15:31:42 PDT 2015

On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 22:19:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> These are made by Google and are optimized for the Web. On
> https://www.google.com/fonts#UsePlace:use/Collection:Roboto it
> seems like downloading a few of them keeps that gauge in the
> green region.

Right, but Google doesn't know about all the other resources we
already use on dlang.org (CodeMirror / "Edit and run", sidebar
resources, Disqus for DDox etc.).

> Not sure what I'm looking at, but point taken. Perhaps I should
> try that on the main site.

We control the content on dlang.org, and we don't have much
Unicode, so it might be fine there. The issue is then with
consistency across websites.

> Well yah but our interior design has grown long in the tooth.
> Time for a change. I'll ask a trusted lieutenant (myself) to
> try Roboto and Roboto Mono on the site.

Here is an alternative:

http://www.cssfontstack.com/

It allows choosing font sets that are already available on most
machines out there.