DIP80: phobos additions

ezneh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 8 00:55:41 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 7 June 2015 at 18:27:16 UTC, Robert burner Schadek
wrote:
> Phobos is awesome, the libs of go, python and rust only have
> better marketing.
> As discussed on dconf, phobos needs to become big and blow the
> rest out of the sky.
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP80
>
> lets get OT, please discuss

IMHO, Phobos could include thinks like this as a standard :

- OAuth (1 & 2), at least it would be useful for projects like
vibe.d
- Create / read QR codes, maybe ? It seems we see more and more
QR Codes here and there, so it could potentially be worth it
- Better / full OS bindings (winapi, x11, ect.), but it would
(sadly) require a very large amount of work to do so.
- + what has been said already.

I guess we can try to think about integrating a large amount of
things that are widely used and are considered as "standards"