std.experimental.safeint.d

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 8 07:03:32 PDT 2015

On 08-Jun-2015 16:36, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 6/8/15 6:33 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>
>> OT: I'm not quite sold on std.experimental as it 100% certain to be a
>> breaking change once a module is promoted to std proper or phased out
>> for that matter.
>
> That's the point of it. "If you use this, your code may break."

Okay.

>> And, of course, updating anything in std.experimental
>> module is going to be a long tedious string of pull requests.
>>

> How so?

Compared to just featuring the code on dub repository:
a) Release cycle tied to dmd
b) All changes must be reviewed
c) Changes got to be small enough to not require long review

Thus overhauls of internals are not going to be easily deliverable,
nor bug-fixes can be got out of band with D distribution.

If anything I'd love to see more 3-rd party stuff that is easily
installable.

--
Dmitry Olshansky