Right after allocators: containers or database connectivity?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 9 14:20:13 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 at 17:05:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Please help me choose what to work on next.

Well, containers matter for almost every program, whereas
databases don't. They matter for a lot of programs, but many
programs don't have them. And we already have std.container, even
if it needs more work. So, I think that it would make more sense
if we std.container were completed than to emark on std.database.
And we've been saying for years now (be it right or wrong) that
one of the main reasons that we weren't doing more with
std.container is that we were expecting to have to change it
after std.allocator was done. So, it seems well past time that
std.container gets sorted out. Of course, that doesn't
necessarily mean that you need to be the one who does it, but you
are the one who started it, so it would make sense if you tackled
it next.

- Jonathan M Davis