You too can work on D for iOS

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 12 05:29:16 PDT 2015

On Friday, 12 June 2015 at 12:21:12 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Is your mom a software developer? If you spent $160 more and
> were able to increase your salary 10x, wouldn't that be worth
> it?

10x? What sort of pipe dream is that?

> I'm not trying to say everyone should buy a mac or that they
> are cheap enough for everyone to afford. I'm saying if your
> investment in buying a mac increases your income significantly
> (as it did for me), the cost doesn't matter. It's an enabler
> for things that just aren't possible without it.

I guess that explains why so many programs with the same
functionality are freeware on Windows and commercial on OSX.
Open-source software development gives me 0 income, so it'd be a
negative net gain.