DIP80: phobos additions

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 13 19:56:02 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 13 June 2015 at 11:18:54 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> I think linear algebra should have the same syntax for small
> and large matrices and switch representation behind the scenes.

Switching representations behind the scenes? Sounds complicated.

I would think that if you were designing it from the ground up,
you would have one general matrix math library. Then a graphics
library could be built on top of that functionality. That way, as
improvements are made to the matrix math functionality, the
graphics library would benefit too.

However, given that there already is a well developed math
graphics library, I'm not sure what's optimal. I can see the
argument for implementing gl3n in the standard library (as a
specialized math graphics option) on its own if there is demand
for it.