Workaround for typeid access violation

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 18 08:43:08 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 15:19:19 UTC, Etienne wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 15:09:46 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
>> This comes to mind, along with the citations:
>> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/parallel/local-gc.pdf
>>
>> -Wyatt
>
> That's exactly what we're talking about, but we do the work
> that was done by the globalisation policy by using the `new
> shared` keyword.

Maybe I misunderstood.  My interpretation was you were
disallowing references from shared heap to local heap and
obviating the whole globalisation problem.  No migrations; just
explicit marking of global objects with "new shared". (Though I'm
curious how you handle liveness of the global heap; it seems like
that depends on information from each thread's allocator?)

-Wyatt