D could catch this wave: web assembly

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 19 09:05:49 PDT 2015

On 06/19/2015 11:52 AM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:

> Dunno about less responsive. Java apps often feel more sluggish than
> well written web apps.

I've *never* found that to be true, and I'm someone who's always found
Java to be sluggish.

But web apps, even the better ones, just reinvent a whole new level of
sluggish. Even just tying into a comment box on GitHub is frequently
laggy to the point of being completely unsusable, and that's even on
up-to-date firefox (I usually write in LibreOffice and copy/paste to
GitHub). There's no excuse for that level of bloat. My freaking Apple 2
didn't have text-entry lag.