std.path.setExt

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 15:51:06 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 22:45:10 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> A rename can be proposed by creating a subthread: reply to this
> post, but change the name to the fully-qualified name of the
> identifier you'd like to see renamed. Please include a
> rationale and a proposed new name in your post. I'll start.

Rationale:

std.path.setExt is the lazy (range-based) version of
std.path.setExtension, thus the only difference in the name is
that one is abbreviated, and the other is not. As there is no
consistent convention that abbreviated names are lazy, it is not
memorable which function is which.

I presented a case in my earlier thread (point 6):

http://forum.dlang.org/post/pnzrkgxkxprsgppxkdyp@forum.dlang.org

Proposed new name: withExtension