New names - 2.068 roundup

Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 23 16:57:56 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Mike via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 22:45:10 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>
>  Sounds good?
>>

> Yes, please note that although I suggested a `Lazy` suffix, I don't want
> it to be a convention.  It should only be used as a disambiguator when
> ambiguity arises.

This would make it a convention.  And a poor one, as it basically says 'do
your own thing, but if you do something confusing stick lazy on the end.'
 Better in my opinion to have a convention that covers things in the first
place, so you never get to the point where differentiating via 'lazy' seems
like a good idea.

I actually don't think having separate threads for each name is the best
solution.  May be better to get them all listed in one place, and see if a
consistent naming system can emerge.