Presentation Intro to D: What works?

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 05:39:10 PDT 2015

Looks like I will give a talk about D to our local Functional
Programming User Group in August. Feel free to join, if you can
be in Karlsruhe, Germany:

http://www.meetup.com/de/The-Karlsruhe-Functional-Programmers-Meetup-Group/events/223455553/

As far as I know, pretty much nobody there knows anything about
D. So I need to start with some general introduction. My current
plan is to basically talk through the dlang.org frontpage. Modern
convenience. Modeling power. Native efficiency.

I guess others here have done such intros already. What works?
What doesn't? What are the usually questions you get from
newbies? Any evangelism tips?