std.uni.toLowerCase / .toUpperCase

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 25 07:10:43 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 13:48:41 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Also, the less that we have to rename the better

Well, just to keep in mind, we're going to establish a convention
in this release even if we do not explicitly state so - because
in future naming decisions, we *will* be using precedent for
consistency, as we're using now.

So, I'm not saying we *should* go back and rename almost
everything added in 2.068 now, but I'm saying that we shouldn't
allow these hastily-chosen initial names to be a factor in
deciding how to name things from now on. I certainly wouldn't
mind renaming all of them.

And, IMHO, this:

fileName.readText.lowerCased.detabbed.toFile(fileName.withExtension(".foo"))

looks much better than this:

fileName.readText.lowerCaser.detabber.toFile(fileName.extensionSetter(".foo"))