std.experimental.testing PR review

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 27 10:37:11 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 27 June 2015 at 16:44:49 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> Your UFCS abuse is my UFCS awesomeness. It doesn't _make_ you
> use UFCS though, nobody would stop you from writing
> `shouldEqual(timesTwo(2), 4)` instead, which I think is nearly
> as readable. "Nearly" because I prefer UFCS. The advantage of
> using a word like "should" is that it enables UFCS, which
> "test" doesn't. After that it's a question of code style
> preferences whether or not you use it.

And disagreement about how idiomatic such style preferences
should be is exactly the reason why I will vote "no".

Look at it this way : if this proposal will never get to Phobos,
I won't lose anything. It does not have any really important
utility I need in standard library. Main thing about this
proposal is making certain testing style standard - and thus
there is no practical reason to accept any compromises.