Standard GUI framework inspired by Qt

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 10 03:32:09 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 10 March 2015 at 01:25:05 UTC, karl wrote:
> Also, GL should be optional, just like with Qt; it introduces
> noticeable lag of 16 to 48ms while being a resource hog
> unnecessary for most apps. I could help with implementing the
> abstraction layer and create a software blitter (I was
> professionally doing such stuff before, for GUI toolkits and
> stuff; but then again this stuff is trivial).

16 ms is not noticeable lag for any reasonable application.

One has to limit the design to something that can be completed in
reasonable time and that offers something that existing solutions
do not. So there is a need to fix the minimum requirements and
target that. Either the minimum is a regular screen buffer or it
is capable shader based hardware.