A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 13 03:34:31 PDT 2015

Ola Fosheim Grøstad:

> Yes, but what is a "strict mode". I agree with most of what is
> said about D and Go in the top post, but is there a market for
> yet another high level language that isn't high level enough?

"Strict mode" is a D2 with immutable+ at safe+pure by default,
something like a "var" keyword to denote mutable values, no comma
operator, static full tracking of memory ownership, less implicit
casts (because now we have the safe int(x) sytnax), and few other
small changes that make the language less bug prone and more
strict.

And I'd still like built-in tuple syntax in D.

Bye,
bearophile