A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 13 10:13:26 PDT 2015

On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 14:34:30 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
> On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 13:51:05 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
>>
>> How do you do semantic refactoring in UNIX shell?
>>
> With tools.  (Can you be less abstract?  "Semantic refactoring"
> could be all sorts of things-- it's not a well-defined term of
> art, so I have no idea what you're really trying to accomplish.)
>
> -Wyatt

For example, rename an instance variable, while updating all its
occurrences, including comments. While keeping all other symbols
that happen to use the same name untouched.

Move a method to another class, keeping all references to
imported libraries on the new location.

These are just the tip of the iceberg of what modern refactoring
tools offer.