A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

Sativa via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 15 07:46:13 PDT 2015

On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 03:24:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> * Golang: simple!
>
> D1 was the simple version of D. People wanted more.
>
> Java was originally sold as, and got a great of adoption
> because, it was a C++ like language with all that annoying
> complexity removed.
>
> There's no doubt about it, people like simple languages. We
> should very much keep that in mind when evaluating proposals
> for new features.

Um, This is wrong. You already have simple languages. People are
not going to choose D no matter how much you dumb it down. What
sets D apart is it's advanced features... remove them or stop
such enhancements and it won't be able to compete with any other
language.

In fact, the opposite thinking should be true. Add the most
advanced feature rich set to D and then nothing will be able to
compete with it. If, on top of that, you don't force someone to
use them then you have the best of both words(power when you need
it and simple when you don't).

There's reasons why people by luxury cars. D is like an Cadillac
and Go is like a volt. If you turn D in a volt then what will
people buy that like Cadillac's?
(Someone will create a new language trying to make a Cadillac and
the whole process starts over...)