Facebook, D and the web

Almighty Bob via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 16 07:59:56 PDT 2015

On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 14:47:15 UTC, Chris wrote:
> In a recent thread[1] there was a lot of talk about how to make
> D more attractive, how to communicate it's advantages to a
> broader audience etc.
>
> I was wondering, if Facebook would be interested in either
> developing or championing the development of a scripting
> language based on D that would be a. useful for in-house
> development at Facebook and b. for a broad audience of web
> developers. This would (ideally) be a language that:

I use D as a scripting language now, with rdmd, I cant see how it
needs much improvement in terms of how easy it is to just throw
something together.

Main issue for me is the terrible documentation and a feeling
that a lot of stuff in the D std lib is trying to be everything
to everyone. It read's like boost, you know it was made by smart
people, and it is a work of art but it's a bit like a swiss army
knife, cool when you first see it, looks really useful, but by
the time you've got the right blade out I've already skinned the
rabbit and got it roasting with my one blade pocket knife.