A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 16 23:31:32 PDT 2015

On 03/14/2015 08:49 PM, Xavier Bigand wrote:

> Take a look to the new Qt web site :
> http://www.qt.io/

While I personally think the latest D homepage redesign looks
stylistically inconsistent and a bit cluttered and messy (I don't mean
that to insult, merely an opinion/critique), I'm REALLY glad we haven't
jumped on that hideous bandwagon above.

Even ignoring all subjective and objective specifics of the style, the
mere concept of designing a site "mobile-first (and desktop if we ever
feel like it, as it usually turns out)" is entirely inappropriate for
websites relating to software development - a field which even today
still takes place almost entirely on desktop/laptop, not phone or tablet.