std.reflection prototype

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 29 22:06:13 PDT 2015

> This definitely should be a library solution.

In terms of what Andre was suggesting, I think my implementation
is 90% of the way there, so if the will was there to add
something like std.reflection to phobos, it wouldn't be much of a
leap.

> But it seems silly, to not use code in druntime.

I kind of agree. If I had things my way, all reflection info for
all classes would be compiler generated so that it was guaranteed
to be there for tools, interop and such. If people were really
worried about code bloat, the reflection info could simply be
turned off with a -no-reflection flag or something.

In terms of playing around with the compiler and the type system,
I'm not sure how helpful I could be right now. I'm pretty sure
comprehension will not be a problem, but I've got quite a bit of
reading to do before I'm up to speed with whats going on with dmd
and the type system.