dmd -profile=gc

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 3 14:11:59 PDT 2015

Just merged in is a new compiler switch that instruments generated code to
collect statistics on memory allocation usage and generates a report upon
program termination. (Much like how -profile works.)

This was based on a prototype Andrei had written earlier.

Andrei and I suspect it can be of great use in figuring out why a program may be
excessively slow or consume excessive memory.

I encourage giving it a try on some non-trivial project, and see if it gives
useful information.