rvalue references

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 14 09:53:03 PDT 2015

On Thu, 14 May 2015 02:56:46 -0400, Namespace <rswhite4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 14 May 2015 at 00:12:05 UTC, bitwise wrote:
>>

>> Side note: DIP36 seems to be missing the table with the authors,
>> status, etc.
>>
>>   Bit
>
> Huh, DIP36? DIP36 was rejected, but the authors (me and Dicebot) are
> below.

Hmm.. so they are ;)

> I've heard that DIP69 is [quote]almost dead in favor of DIP25[/quote].
> That's why I'm a bit confused and would like to know the scheme, if any.
> :)

Makes sense, but if scope is dead, I assume it would have to be removed at
some point.

So I guess 'ref' could just take rvalues now that it's escape-proof right?

Also, what becomes of the 'in' storage class? being just another word for
'const' seems like a waste.

If it were up to me, I would say:

'scope' should be removed as a storage class,
'ref' should be left as is, and
'in' should adopt the behavior of 'ref' post DIP25

   Bit