Make dub part of the standard dmd distribution

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 31 23:54:16 PDT 2015

On 1 Jun 2015 08:45, "Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d" <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 06/01/2015 01:57 AM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> On 1 June 2015 at 15:05, Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d
>>>
>>> That's not really how you use dub though. dub simply isn't a good fit
for

>>> people who want it to be a system package manager. Its goals are
different.
>>> If people want that they should work on getting libraries added to their
>>> preferred system's package registries.
>>

>> Right, so, someone decide a path, we'll write it on dlang.org, and
>> then everyone will agree and fall in line :)
>>

> Not sure how serious/joking you are about that, but when has declaring a
standard whatever like that ever worked for anything ever? ;) Linux can't
even agree with Linux on where things should go, apparently that's why C on
linux has pkg-config.

Leave it to the distribution is the safe option in my experience.  To have
something along the lines of what Manu wants, I guess we need something
like virtualenv to allow building in a clean/standard environment.