I have this game engine...

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 2 15:16:47 PST 2015

On 3 November 2015 at 04:38, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Am Mon, 2 Nov 2015 14:22:33 +1000
> schrieb Manu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:
>
> Maybe I'm a little to pessimistic about the GC ;-) I'm just not sure if
> it can deal with low-memory situations such as if you've only got 16MB
> memory total. And IIRC the GC always preallocates some blocks. So even
> if we never use the GC it might steal some memory. OTOH it would
> likely be not much work to adjust this allocation size.

Perhaps the pre-allocation could become an API which the user might
prefer not to call?

> Let's see if this works:
> https://travis-ci.org/jpf91/GDC/builds/88839377
> (seems to be quite slow though...)
>
> OTOH even if we manage to integrate CI this tests only that the code
> builds. I don't think runtime testing is possible in some easy way.

I have a samples directory which it would be theoretically possible to
run and see that they don't crash as part of a test run. Also, I'd
like to annotate my whole engine quite comprehensively with unittests.
It's something that I'm keen to work on, and then it further helps to
assure those toolchains remain working.