embedded ARM support

Timo Sintonen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 9 12:09:04 PST 2015

On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 19:00:32 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist
wrote:

> Maybe I am wrong, But I believe that the low level community is
> awaiting the release of GDC/LDC compatible with 2.067 DMD front
> end. This will allow for volatile store/load. and hopefully
> begin a new era of D micro programming. I'm sure this isn't the
> whole story. but i get the feeling it is a major part of the
> minimal micro-controller involvement.

Yes, that is the problem but the solution is not acceptable. We
discussed about alternative solutions in gdc forum last year.
Possibilities are to make something gdc specific or to use a
custom data type. It was seen good to build this feature somehow
into gdc but on the other hand there is a need to keep gdc as
close to dmd as possible.