Rust's simple download script

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 11 01:48:13 PST 2015

On 2015-11-10 23:30, Chris wrote:

> I too use dvm all the time and I wonder, if we could integrate it with
> dub one day and extend it to cater for LDC and GDC as well. In fact,
> without dvm life would be a lot harder and I think it's high time it
> became part of an official D toolchain alongside dub.

The issue is that they (the core developers) don't want Tango in any of
the core tools and I don't feel like replacing Tango with Phobos for
something that is working perfectly fine as it is. It's even working
better, because it doesn't depend on libcurl which has caused a lot of
problems. It's not even available by default on Windows.

On the other hand. I would like to rewrite DVM from scratch and add
support for LDC and GDC as well. That could be an opportunity to remove
that dependency on Tango, as long as no new dependencies are added, like
libcurl.

--
/Jacob Carlborg