Catching C++ exceptions (was: Our template emission strategy is broken)

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 11 09:25:28 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 16:25:34 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Walter is currently working full time on catching C++
> exceptions from D code […]

It would have sure been interesting to know about this, but I
couldn't find anything to that effect on the mailing lists or on
Trello – where Martin would certainly wish it could be found.

There are quite a few people around here who very familiar with
what is required to make that happen (DWARF/libunwind based EH,
etc…), and although I'm certainly not going to tell Walter how to
do his job, it seems rather pointless for him to go through the
process of rediscovering all this again on his own.

  — David